A new holiday tradition begins on Friday and Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend with a chance to enjoy – and even own – a small painting or work of art by one of your favorite local artists.

The Holiday Small Works Exhibit and Sale opens at noon on Friday, Nov. 24 and continues on Saturday, from noon to 5 p.m. at the Apalachicola History, Culture and Art Center, 86 Water Street. The public is invited to a wine and cheese reception at the HCA on Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. to meet the artists and get into the holiday gift-giving spirit while Santa sets the mood arriving by shrimp boat at Riverfront Park right across the street.

Artists are welcome to submit small works no larger than 24-inches by 24-inches in the medium of their choice to include paintings, drawings, sculpture, glass, woodworking and photography. Each artist will receive 60 percent on the sale of artwork; the remaining 40 percent will go to the HCA for maintenance and development of community programs in the new year.

Artwork should be delivered to the HCA on Monday, Nov. 20 between noon and 5 p.m. It’s a spur of the moment “pop-up” sale, with not much time to prepare, but with all the festivities and Santa in town, the Small Works Exhibit and Sale promises to be the perfect venue to show your art as the holiday season begins.

Questions? E-mail apalachicolaschoolofart@gmail.com for more information.