I am asking the citizens of Carrabelle to re-elect me as your city commissioner on Sept. 5. It has been my honor to serve you the last two years and I had the privilege of serving as your commissioner from Sept. 2009 to 2013.
There are always new challenges and the decisions are not easy. As a retired person and a business owner, I try to give my full attention to each issue. I offer my experience and integrity as qualifications. With your help, I will continue to make fair and informed decisions for our community and to be respectful to all.
I am proud of what our city has accomplished in the last 15 years. Dedicated volunteers, your elected representatives and city staff have ALL worked hard to make Carrabelle the best that it can be. I hope to continue to serve the community for the next four years as your city commissioner in that effort. If re-elected, I promise to continue to support:
• Conservative budgeting that does not leave debt for our children.
• Economic development strategies that bring small business to fill downtown storefronts and that make the best use of our airport and industrial area.
• The relocation of City Hall that serves all the community.
• Plans to make water and sewer services available to all the citizens of our city and nearby surrounding communities as resources permit.
• Responsible and managed growth that will bring progress to Carrabelle without losing its special identity and small-town vibe.
• Continued capital improvements by working with the mayor, city commissioners, and members of the Community Redevelopment Agency(CRA), city staff and planning and zoning board members to pave our roads and streets and make other necessary improvements to the city of Carrabelle
I love Carrabelle and its people and have a genuine concern for the future of our city. We fell in love with this wonderful community in 1989. Being the birthplace for my wife’s father gave great encouragement for us to make it our home. We love being a part of the community.
I would consider it a great honor to continue serving this community. I promise to strive to “get it right” and to remain fair, open and respectful to ALL.
I humbly ask for your vote on Sept. 5. Re-elect Cal Allen, the experienced candidate, as your Carrabelle city commissioner. My number is (850) 524-1124, feel free to talk with me about your concerns.