The Lady Seahawk volleyball team said goodbye to its two seniors last week, as it wrapped up its regular season at home Oct. 15.

The team and fans saluted Gracyn Kirvin and Morgan Mock, who shared captain duties this year. “These two seniors will be greatly missed by the team and coaches,” said coach Tara Klink.

The team lost in three straight to district rival South Walton 7-25, 9-25 and 18-25. “Although this is our toughest competition, we hurt ourselves the first two games making simple mistakes like missing serves,” said Klink. “It was hard to end our seniors' season on this note, but we will come back tougher for districts.”

Kirvin led serving with three aces, followed by Mock with two aces, one kill and one block.

In the JV game, the girls won 25-17 and then lost 23-25 and 7-15.

“This was a hard game to lose, because we were so close to it being our most exciting win of the season,” said Klink. “South Walton is probably the toughest team we face for both JV and varsity. This was JV's final game of the season and their improvement over the year was easily seen.”

Sophia Kirvin led serving with six aces, followed by Casey Tucker with five aces, and Myranda McLeod with three aces. Tucker led hitting with three kills, followed closely by Anna Riley with two kills and a block, and Cheyenne Davis with a kill and two blocks.

The teams had a tough October, falling to district rival Liberty County in an away game Oct. 3 and then hosting Altha on Oct. 4.

The JV team won both games against Altha 29-27 and 25-18. “The JV girls played a great game and fought hard to win,” said Klink. “I was very proud of how well they worked as a team.”

Front row attackers Tucker, Riley, and Davis lead the hitting with two kills each.

The varsity team lost in three straight, 16-25, 12-25 and 25-27.

“Varsity decided to step up too late in the game, and lost with the third round going into overtime,” said Klink. “We definitely have the skills to beat this team, but made too many simple mistakes. Our number of missed serves really hurt us.”

Mock had three aces and two blocks, followed by Scout Segree and Vanessa Claire Simmons with two aces each.

On Oct. 8 at Port St. Joe, the teams fell again, with the JV winning the opener 25-12 before falling 13-25 and 5-15.

“This was my hardest loss to take for the JV team,” said Klink. “We came out so strong in the first game, only to fall to pieces over the next two. The girls were totally capable of winning this game.”

Tucker led serving with four aces, followed by Riley with three aces. Davis led hitting with two kills and one block.

The varsity squad lost in three straight, 14-25, 21-25 and 18-25. “St. Joe is a hard loss to take when they are our most rival school,” said Klink. “We'll get them next year!”

Starting senior Mock was out due to an elbow injury. Scout Segree led serving with three aces. Madison Newell and Adriana Butler led hitting with two kills each, followed by Shemekia Lake, Vanessa Claire Simmons, and Breanna Barrack with one kill each. Lake and Butler had one block each.

On Oct. 10 at home against Rickards, on “Think Pink” night dedicated to the fight against breast cancer, both squads won.

The JV lost the opening game 20-25, and then won 25-18 and 15-7.

“The JV girls got off to a slow start, but they were still well in control of the game,” said Klink. Sophia Kirvin's serves were on fire, scoring nine aces throughout the three games, followed by Myranda McLeod's five aces and Cheyenne Davis' three aces.”

Casey Tucker lead hitting with two kills and two tips, followed by Myranda McLeod with three tips.

The varsity team won as well, triumphing 25-9, 25-17 and 25-19.

“After going all five games with this team the last time we played, it was good to show improvement and get the win in just three,” said Klink.

Segree was top server with nine aces, followed by Barrack's three aces. Mock was top hitter with six kills, two tips and two blocks, followed by Butler's three kills.

Because it interfered with their Homecoming Week, North Florida Christian canceled the Oct. 17 game, and it was not rescheduled.