Franklin County School’s Food and Nutrition Services attended the 2014 Florida School Nutrition Association Conference at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando.
Eight staff members, Robin Tennille, April Dalton, Terry Hilton, Rachel Shiver, Jennifer Anderson, Tammy Nichols, Shirley Freeman and Mary Jean Johnson, attended breakout sessions and the food and equipment show.
On April 26, at the general session and awards presentation, Franklin County won the following awards:
* President’s Award: April Dalton (President of Chapter in Franklin County)
* Florida Jump Start Elementary Award: Mary Louise Shiver (Breakfast Week theme “Celebrating Breakfast”)
* Florida Jump Start Secondary Award: Mary Louise Shiver
* Nutrition Award: Terry Hilton (Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program kickoff theme “Down in the CORN Field”)
* Super School Award Elementary: April Dalton (Lunch Week theme “School Lunch Across the USA”)
* Super School Award Secondary: April Dalton
We were proud to display our portfolios with photos of students from Franklin County School participating in the themed programs. We continue to teach our students the importance of eating breakfast to start the day. We promote the importance ofr eating fresh vegetables and fruits at lunch and supper. We can’t forget to include that 60 minutes of exercise keep the body energized.
Everyone is welcome to come see our portfolios and watch the students eat their healthy meals.