Bedtime cigarette leads to Friday trailer fire

Bedtime cigarette leads to Friday trailer fire

Bedtime cigarette leads to Friday trailer fire

GINGER CREAMER | Special to the Times
Published: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 09:16 AM.

On Friday, July 18 at 6:46 a.m. dispatchers received a 911 call and responded to the home of Corinne Green at 343 24 th Street in Apalachicola . Green told responders she was smoking cigarettes and fell asleep. Fortunately, she smelled smoke and was able to get out of the trailer unharmed.

The Florida State Fire Marshall’s office received a call to investigate at 7:19 a.m. According to a spokesperson, the investigator confirmed the fire was accidental.



Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

COMMENTS
▲ Return to Top