In the early morning hours of Wednesday, Feb. 12, officers with the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, with the assistance of the Apalachicola and Carrabelle police departments, served numerous drug offense warrants in the Franklin County area.
This was the culmination of an extensive narcotics investigation led by the Franklin County Drug Unit. Charges range from trafficking in narcotics to the sale or possession of narcotics, with several child neglect charges also included. Numerous types of controlled substances were seized.
During the apprehension of several individuals, controlled substances were seized and new charges for possession of controlled substances were made. During the narcotics investigations controlled substances such as crack and powder cocaine, methamphetamines, methadone and numerous types of prescription pills were obtained.
The following individuals were arrested by sheriff’s deputies and transported to The Franklin County Jail where they were booked on the following charges
- Jeremy James, 23, Apalachicola, two counts of sale of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of public housing
- Carlos A. Morris, 42, Port St. Joe, sale of controlled substance within 1,000 feet of public housing, sale of a controlled substance, and sale of a substance in lieu of cocaine
- Howard L. Nabors, 28, Apalachicola, trafficking four grams or more in illegal drugs, and possession of a controlled substance,
- Gary M. Barineau, 40, Apalachicola, trafficking four grams or more in illegal drugs
- Brandon D. Robinson, 29, Lynn Haven, sale of a controlled substance
- Alexander D. Simmons, 23, Apalachicola, sale of a controlled substance within 1000 feet of public housing
- Lamecka D. Harris, 30, Crestview, possession of cannabis, resisting officer without violence and indecent exposure
- Robyn N. Pedrick, 33, Carrabelle, possession of cannabis
- Daniel Hicks, 33, Apalachicola, sale of a prescription drug, and sale of substance in lieu of cocaine,
- Byllie A. Murray, 18, Eastpoint, two counts of sale of a controlled substance
- Katie Matthews, 28, Eastpoint, trafficking in controlled substance
- Kamron L. Barwick, 21, Wewahitchka, sale of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of public housing
- Angela L. Law, 30, Eastpoint, child neglect and sale of a controlled substance