Looking for a place to study, relax or take a break from the holiday rush?
Try one of these locally-owned coffee shops:
1. Weeping Willow Cafe, 713 W. 3rd St., Thibodaux. The quaint cafe on the corner of W. 3rd and Jackson Street in downtown Thibodaux is the perfect spot for an afternoon latte or early Saturday morning espresso before heading to the farmers' market near City Hall.
2. Fig Cafe, 411 Corporate Drive, Houma. After opening in August, Fig Cafe has become a hip spot not only for grabbing coffee and a snack but also checking out small shops at the Marketplace Mingle every Monday night. A
3. Downtown Jeaux Coffee Cafe, 300 Church St., Houma. A block off Main Street, Downtown Jeaux is a Southern twist on an American favorite. Grab a stuffed croissant and your favorite holiday-flavored coffee, like peppermint bark, gingerbread and eggnog, before they’re gone.
4. Demitasse Cafe, 6815 W. Park Ave., Houma. Enjoy the large outdoor patio and spend the afternoon studying or catching up on the news with friends at this conveniently located cafe. Check out the Wire-Me Mocha latte with twice the caffeine or the Mexican Hot Chocolate to get you through your holiday shopping.
5. PJ’s Coffee, 200 E. Bayou Road, Thibodaux and 1311 St. Charles St., Houma. The New Orleans-based coffee shop opened a new location just a few months ago on the corner of North Canal Street and East Bayou Road. It’s the perfect place to grab a coffee on-the-go with the convenient drive through. Or lounge on one of the welcoming plush purple couches. Download the app and earn points for each purchase.
-- Staff Writer Julia Arenstam can be reached at 448-7636 or email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter at @gingerale214.