Nobody was hurt in an Eastpoint fire last week that destroyed an RV and a storage shed.



At around 2 p.m. on June 25, the Eastpoint Volunteer Fire Department responded to a 911 call from a home on Hickory Dip Road. Firefighters found a storage shed and recreational vehicle engulfed in flames behind the primary residence.



Although the RV and shed were a total loss, firemen were able to save the house with damage only to the vinyl siding. A nearby travel trailer escaped with relatively minor damage.



A thick plume of oily smoke was visible from Apalachicola and St. George Island for more than 30 minutes.



The residents of the house declined to give their names but Joseph Pumphrey said he owned the contents of the storage shed as well as the travel trailer that was damaged but not destroyed.



Pumphrey, a former volunteer fireman, said he believed the fire was electrical. Neighbors confirmed that the blaze started near a fuse box on the side of the shed.



Pumphrey said the belongings destroyed - several large appliances, an air conditioner and family pictures and mementos - were in storage. He said he resides in a home on Ridge Road.



I had just come in from oystering and I was at the oyster house when I heard the fire trucks, Pumphrey said. I jumped in my truck and put it to the floor to get over here. I was pulling my boat. Im heartbroke because everything I own and Ive worked for over the last 10 years was in that shed. What Ive worked for since I was 15 or 16 years old.



Pumphrey said he lost 90 percent of his belongings and had no insurance. Im just glad everybody is all right, he said.